* The winning Artists will be eligible to participate in the 'z // G2' initiative by ZERO DEGREE ARTS, where his / her short film / Project might get shortlisted for the international distribution program. While it's the face of it, if the artist wants to shoot a film / work a project in India then we will provide free guidance and help to make the project successful. Apart from all these consequences, the works will be eligible for a special help regarding it's every wing of the making under the "PRESENTER LAB" initiative by Zero Degree Arts.
Along with these awards, 'Special Mention' Certificates must be presented to recognizable works in the competition and allowed to be used in any form of future use.
* Sphere Award: Best Film of the Festival
* Critic's Choice Award: Best Film
* Radiant Award: Best Contribution in Cinematic Arts
* Special Mention Certificates: Panel's Choice
* Honorary Swansong Award: A Lifetime Achievement Award for Breakthrough Contribution to Visual Arts
Rules & Terms
For preview purposes, we can only view your movie online via an external link to websites such as YouTube or Vimeo. Also, we can ask you for a download request of the films, and kindly open the embed option to make that video available to watch on filmfreeway. .
The competition kindly asks that any awards won in the projects' promotional materials, although it is not a requirement.
More than one entry may be submitted. Each project must be submitted separately with its own completed entry form.
Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles.
Sphere Festival :: TERMS AND CONDITIONS NOTES:
Note that SPHERE FESTIVAL should be considered synonymous with ZDA. The event is a competition with many parts to it; These parts include both frequent pre-screening events and the annual competition with the tangible awards and selection certificates for which you are competing, and submitting your work, you allow us to use your project for any use.
*** Please note that by submitting to our competition, you agree to allow us to use all / any part of your film / projects for any part of the film / projects for any kind of commercial and noncommercial use by us or by our sister concerns, organizations or institutions, as well as for advertising and promoting your social media. We keep these rights from the moment your film / project is submitted to the competition with you, and in the future you no longer have the right to withdraw your work from us.
Despite our freedom to use your films/ projects for our own screening and advertising, we in no way would like to imply that we have some sort of ownership of your film/ project. Whatever you choose to do with the film outside of the competition is still solely up to you, because we do not own your film inherently through submission.
Any aspect of the competition is subject to change at the discretion of the ZDA authority.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for independent Artists submitting to SPHERE FESTIVAL:
1. I, the representative of the film/ project being submitted, acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the film/project submitted for consideration for the SPHERE FESTIVAL by Zero Degree Arts.:
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Event that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film/ project, to exhibit this Film/ project at the Competition, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film/ project is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film/ project at the Event will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film/ project does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Event.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the exploitation of the Film/ project does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Authority and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Event because of the Event's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Event does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Event Authority with any affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisers and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film/ project or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to ZDA.
6. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the competition, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles or the film in its entirety and information from the Film for promotional, public prescreening, network television or online broadcasting and or postscreening purposes without recourse to the owner, producer,director, or any other party asserting ownership rights to the submitted film and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the artists and the projects and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the Artists/ director and producer(s) of the Film/ project and grant the event authority the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring events at its discretion.
8. If and when accepted I will not withdraw my submission for any purposes.
9. By clicking submitting your film to the competition via Filmfreeway, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Event Authority.
10. Please remember by submitting your work you are allowing us to distribute it also you are contracted with us for the distribution purpose of your artwork. And on the other hands, all others films submitted under this category will also be distributed by ZERO DEGREE ARTS worldwide. So, on both terms, no future objection will be taken for granted once the film has been submitted and it's not possible to withdraw the entry once it's get selected on any of these programs.
For any questions or concerns about the Terms of Entry or the Initiative yourself, feel free to contact the Festival Coordinator via a message on our Facebook page or by e-mail at email@example.com.